Pivot Table Questions

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365

    Pivot Table Questions

    Hi,

    I have a number of separate worksheets in the same workbook, each containing a few pivots tables that refer to data in one large worksheet. I have two questions please:

    (1) Each month I will need to refresh each of the dozens of pivot tables to take account of new data in the large worksheet referred to above. How do I refresh all of the pivot tables at once rather than doing it on a sheet-by-sheet or table-by-table basis?

    (2) Using pivot tables seems to swell the size of the original data file a great deal. What is the best way to minimise the size effect of using pivot tables?
    (other than, of course, using fewer!)

    Many thanks!

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table Questions

    To refresh all the pivot tables (and any queries) in the workbook, open
    the External Data toolbar (View>Toolbars), and click the Refresh All button.

    To minimize the size, create one pivot table from the source data, and
    create subsequent pivot tables from the first pivot table, so they all
    use the same pivot cache. There are instructions here for changing the
    pivot cache:

    Also, you can right-click on a pivot table, and choose Table Options.
    Remove the check mark from 'Save data with table layout, and click OK.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3