I need to replace a non printable character, A small white square

  1. #1
    Melissa
    Guest

    I need to replace a non printable character, A small white square

    I have a discription for an item i'm uploading on to my website. But it won't
    upload the small white square or rectangle. I need to replace that item with
    a hard enter. Anyone have any suggestions?

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: I need to replace a non printable character, A small white square

    What are you copying from and to? I mean what applications? Excel? Notepad?
    into what? An .htm file page?

    If it's being copied to an .htm file, try replacing the non-printables with
    the <br> html tag - which is the equivalent of linefeed w/carriage return.
    including the leading and trailing <> symbols.

  3. #3
    Melissa
    Guest

    RE: I need to replace a non printable character, A small white squ

    It's an unknow file but opens in excel. There is a white box where there is a
    carriage/return. I want to find all the boxes and replace with the <br>. When
    i Copy and bring the character over here it's shows up as nothing. It's some
    kind of unicode character.

  4. #4
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: I need to replace a non printable character, A small white squ

    what does the filename end with? something like .xls or .xl-some other
    letter, or .txt or maybe .csv? Have you tried opening it with Notepad? If
    you want, and it doesn't contain confidential information you could attach it
    to an email and send it to 2kmaro @ dslr.net (remove spaces) and I'll take a
    look at it and see if I can't take this to the next level for you?

  5. #5
    Melissa
    Guest

    RE: I need to replace a non printable character, A small white squ

    It's a .MDB I will e-mail you what I have. I need the information in column W
    in excel. It's the column that has the little blocks where I need a cairrage
    return.
    Thanks!!!

  6. #6
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: I need to replace a non printable character, A small white squ

    ..MDB is normally MS Access file. Not a problem, send it on.