Duplicate records with various formats for fields

  1. #1
    Rbryant
    Guest

    Duplicate records with various formats for fields

    Is there a why to delete duplicates where record fields have different
    formats. For example, a record that hass name as Mr. J. Jones will be
    different to John Johns, or the address can have S. HWY instead of South
    Highway. If there an easy way of deleting these records as duplicates
    although the format may not be 100% the same?

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Duplicate records with various formats for fields

    Short answer: No.

    You asked if there is a way to delete "duplicates" and then go on to explain
    exactly why they are NOT duplicates. If they were true duplicates, it could
    be done. But I see no practical way to do this other by use of close
    examination combined with good hand-eye coordination.