Set Permanent Date Format to MM//DD/YYYY

  1. #1
    kayabob
    Guest

    Set Permanent Date Format to MM//DD/YYYY

    How can I get the mm/dd/yyyy format to stay permenantly in my
    Format>Cells>Dates list? I keep setting it up in the Custom dates, but then
    it disappears from file to file.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Set Permanent Date Format to MM//DD/YYYY

    I've changed my windows short date format to mm/dd/yyyy and when I type the date
    (including the year), excel keeps that mm/dd/yyyy format.

    But this depends on the windows setting--and if you share the workbook with
    others, they may not have this same format--so they'd see something else.

    windows start button|settings|control panel|Regional and language options
    Click the customize button
    Date Tab
    to change that short date format