How to find number of hours past a spesific time

  1. #1

    How to find number of hours past a spesific time

    Im pretty new to excel.
    At least with other things than the regular - + * and /.

    I have a huge problem getting the hours past 12:00 o'clock when I have a field with start and stop time. For instance 8:00 (A1) to 16:00 (A2). I should get 4 hours. As to the 16:00, I use 24 hour format.

    I have tried with plenty of IF statements but to little help. It just don't seem to work with hours. Only with numbers, text and so on. Maby it's the : it's not cooperating with. I'm not sure.

    I want to calculate my overtime. Past 12:00 is 50% on saturdays.

    What are my options?

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    Re: How to find number of hours past a spesific time

    =(A2*24)-12 will give overtime hours (format cell as general)

    Or

    =Max(0,(A2*24-12 )) if there could be no overtime

    HTH