Turning off questions

  1. #1
    Peter
    Guest

    Turning off questions

    When my workbook is linked to another, Excel always asks if I want to update
    the link upon opening the workbook. Can I turn off this question, so Excel
    always updates without asking? In the same way can I stop it asking about
    enabling macros when I open a work book conatining a macro, so that the macro
    is alway enabled without asking. Many thanks.
    --
    Peter
    London, UK

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,480
    Here's the code, maybe you could place it in the workbook open module

    Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Turning off questions

    1: Turning off the prompt to refresh automatic links

    From the Excel main menu:
    UNcheck: Ask to update automatic links

    2: Engage macros without asking
    Now wouldn't that competely undermine the whole purpose of prompting the
    user that's intended to prevent malicious code from running automatically?

    Does that help?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  4. #4
    Peter
    Guest

    RE: Turning off questions

    I see your point Ron, but I'm trying to develope easy to use applications,
    where untrained users do have to worry about answering any questions. Are you
    saying it can't be done, or it's just not for publication!
    --
    Peter
    London, UK

  5. #5
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Turning off questions

    No. It can't be done, if it could, virus writers would have a field day!
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...