DELAY OPENING EXCEL FILES FROM SHORTCUT

  1. #1
    Arturo Meneses
    Guest

    DELAY OPENING EXCEL FILES FROM SHORTCUT

    When I try to open excell file through a shortcut on my desktop,
    I have a +/- 15 seconds delay before the file actually opens.
    If I open excel previously and open a file it does so immediately
    I would appreciate help on this matter.
    I have a very fast computer and 1meg RAM

    Sincerely,
    Arturo Meneses

    --
    Sincerely,
    Arturo Meneses

  2. #2
    Mark Ivey
    Guest

    Re: DELAY OPENING EXCEL FILES FROM SHORTCUT

    There are a number of reasons for a delay of this type.

    Take a look at your status bar when Excel starts to open. Mine has shows all my addins being loaded and usually some type of quick virus scan as well.

    --
    Mark Ivey

  3. #3
    Arturo Meneses
    Guest

    Re: DELAY OPENING EXCEL FILES FROM SHORTCUT

    Dear sir:
    Thanks for your reply.
    After I click the shortcut I get a 10-15 sec delay and then excel pops open with a blank screen , a few seconds later the screen is populated.
    The status bar from the beginning shows "' ready" and nothing else.
    Any other ideas?

    Arturo

  4. #4
    Arturo Meneses
    Guest

    Re: DELAY OPENING EXCEL FILES FROM SHORTCUT

    Dear Group,
    Just to let anybody who had o has a similar problem to do the OBVIOUS and
    most simple thing that NOBODY recommended and that is : REINSTALL ( REPAIR)
    Office 2003.
    Now everything is perfect, files open in 3 seconds .

    Arturo