How do I add text to existing text in a whole column in Excel?

  1. #1
    Robin Laverick
    Guest

    How do I add text to existing text in a whole column in Excel?

    I have a column of data e.g.
    k2747whi
    k4870whi
    k4871whi
    and I need to add the same text to the start of the entire column to achieve:
    mk/k2747whi
    mk/k4870whi
    mk/k4871whi
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    holyman
    Guest

    RE: How do I add text to existing text in a whole column in Excel?

    Highlight column and try 'edit' replace.

    replace 'k' with 'mk/k'. Replace All

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: How do I add text to existing text in a whole column in Excel?

    hi, with an auxiliar column, lets say B (assuming your data are on A), use

    ="mk/"&a2

    copy it down

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  4. #4
    Lanka Suri
    Guest

    RE: How do I add text to existing text in a whole column in Excel?

    Concatenate your existing coloumn with an adjacent column by using the
    following simplification. ="mk/"&a1 in any coloumn and replicate the
    result. Finally copy and special paste it in another coloumn. Surely it can
    work for you.