Can I assign a number to a name and use the name in a sum?

  1. #1
    beeno
    Guest

    Can I assign a number to a name and use the name in a sum?

    I have a master schedule. I was wondering if I could assign a name to a
    number, for example George is 3, Bob is two, so that when I put George and
    Bob together in a schedule I could get it to add up to 5. Make sense??

  2. #2
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Can I assign a number to a name and use the name in a sum?

    Insert | Name | Define... | Names in workbook: George | Refers to: =3 | Add
    Insert | Name | Define... | Names in workbook: Bob| Refers to: =2 | Add

    In a cell you can then specify =George, = Bob, =George+Bob, etc., and get 3,
    2, 5, etc.

    Regards

    Trevor

    news:[email protected]...