Default to month end

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    If I have a date in a cell, increase it by 1, it will become the next day...If I have a random month-end date i.e. 31 March, how do you get an increase to take it to the end of the next month? Adding 30, in this case, takes it to 30 April which is fine, but if my start date was 31 January and I add 30 it takes me into March, not the end of February.

    Anyone know or got any ideas?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Default to month end

    Indeed I do,

    =MIN(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+{2,1},DAY(A1)*{0,1}))

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    Thanks

    Once again, thanks Bob. When you write your book on Excel, elt me know - I'm going to buy it!

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Default to month end

    Unfortunately it is floundering at the moment <g>

    Bob Phillips

    "Brisbane Rob" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...