Virus Scan

  1. #1
    Jack Gillis
    Guest

    Virus Scan

    Each time I open any of the workbooks I created, an anti virus scan takes
    place. I know they are virus free and have been for years. I am the only
    one who opens them as there are no other users of the machine.

    Is there a way to disable the virus scan (AVG) for each workbook?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Virus Scan

    Jack

    That would be a function of your AV application.

    You should be able to configure it to exclude *.xls from scanning.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Jack Gillis
    Guest

    Re: Virus Scan

    Ah yes! That makes sense.

    Thank you very much.

  4. #4
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Virus Scan

    Jack Gillis wrote <<I know they are virus free>>.

    I'm afraid that, in a world of people trying to threaten computers you
    cannot be 100% sure. Even if you never use the computer to connect to the
    Internet it is possible to catch something from a CD. Even if you have a
    good firewall and AntiSpyware and AntiVirus protection which, along with
    Windows, is kept bang up-to-date you cannot be 100% sure but you can reduce
    the odds to being very nearly 100%.

    Remember Sod's Law. If it can happen it will - eventually. To which I would
    add, usually at a most inconvenient time.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...