Excel 2007 File Problems (Opening New Format)

  1. #1
    Grazen
    Guest

    Excel 2007 File Problems (Opening New Format)

    When I save a file in the Excel 2007 default save format, it somehow creates
    an error when I try to reopen the file. The message states that "Excel has
    encountered a problem and needs to close". The error report is reprinted
    below:

    AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 12.0.4017.1004 AppStamp:4455214f
    ModName: excel.exe ModVer: 12.0.4017.1004 ModStamp:4455214f
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001cd55

    This problem does not occur when I save and open the file in Excel 2003
    format.

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2007 File Problems (Opening New Format)

    Grazen

    This may not work but try hunting (it is probably hidden) for a file called
    *.xlb and move it from it's location, try doing the same for anything called
    personal.xls, book.xlt and sheet.xlt (Don't delete them and note there
    folders), then see if Excel 2007 will play ball. If not un-install it and
    re-install

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge

  4. #4

    Re: Excel 2007 File Problems (Opening New Format)

    Nick,

    None of the file formats are in the new Excel 2007 (excel 12), do you
    have any more suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Paul