Delay opening a file from excel shortcut

  1. #1
    Ameneses
    Guest

    Delay opening a file from excel shortcut

    When I try to open excell file through a shortcut on my desktop,
    I have a +/- 15 seconds delay before the file actually opens.
    If I open excel previously and open a file it does so immediately
    I would appreciate help on this matter.
    I have a very fast computer and 1meg RAM

    Sincerely,
    Arturo Meneses

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Delay opening a file from excel shortcut

    Hi Arturo,

    maybe you have 1 giga of RAM,
    it could be depende how big is that file, and how many addIns or supplies do
    you have active on excel.

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Ameneses
    Guest

    RE: Delay opening a file from excel shortcut

    Thanks for the reply.
    I have 1MB of ram and my excek files are very small.
    The delay on openning is very annoying.

    Arturo

  4. #4
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Delay opening a file from excel shortcut

    "Ameneses" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Marcelo" wrote:

    >> "Ameneses" escreveu:
    >>
    >> > When I try to open excell file through a shortcut on my desktop,
    >> > I have a +/- 15 seconds delay before the file actually opens.
    >> > If I open excel previously and open a file it does so immediately
    >> > I would appreciate help on this matter.
    >> > I have a very fast computer and 1meg RAM

    >> maybe you have 1 giga of RAM,
    >> it could be depende how big is that file, and how many addIns or supplies
    >> do
    >> you have active on excel.

    > Thanks for the reply.
    > I have 1MB of ram and my excek files are very small.
    > The delay on openning is very annoying.

    Which version of Excel are you using that gets away with using 1MB of RAM?

    The requirements for Excel 2003
    (http://www.microsoft.com/office/exce...fo/sysreq.mspx) are:
    "128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or greater"
    --
    David Biddulph

  5. #5
    Ameneses
    Guest

    Re: Delay opening a file from excel shortcut

    Dear Sir,
    I'm sorry for the misinformation . Here are my computers specs:
    3.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
    1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

    I would greatly appreciate your advice on the delay problem.

    Arturo