Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

How do I Type vertically in a cell?

  1. #1
    Chels
    Guest

    How do I Type vertically in a cell?

    I am trying to create a check list of sorts, and in doing so I want to have
    the contents of the top row vertical. This is probably simple but, I can't
    figure it out. If anyone can help that would be fantastic!

  2. #2
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    On the main menu, click Format>Cells. On the "Alignment" tab, in the upper right corner, use the Orientation tool to set your text to vertical (90 degrees). You can use the "clock face" window to 'drag' the orientation quickly. When set, click OK.

    HTH

    Bruce
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  3. #3
    Ryan Christiansen
    Guest

    Re: How do I Type vertically in a cell?

    Chels-

    Select the row, right-click, choose Format Cells, choose the Alignment
    tab, and change the orientation of the text.

    Is that what you're looking for?

    -Ryan

  4. #4
    steph44haf
    Guest

    RE: How do I Type vertically in a cell?

    Highlight the cells you wish to be vertical. Go to Format, Cells, and go to
    the Alignment Tab. Change the Orientation (on the right) to be 90 degrees
    (or move the red dot to the top).

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I Type vertically in a cell?

    Do you want your text sideways as some others have suggested or do you want it
    vertical?

    Format>Cells>Alignment.

    Don't use the protractor, just click on the "text" box to left of protractor.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP