keeping one cell constant

  1. #1
    Malcolm
    Guest

    keeping one cell constant

    if the formula is A1*A2 on the first row
    and for each other row i want B2, C2 etc to always be multiplied by A1 how
    can i do this. At the moment if i copy the formula from 1 row to the next it
    doesnt how the first as the constant. pls let me know the formula i need to
    use

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: keeping one cell constant

    Try this:

    =$A$1*A2

    And then look up the difference between relative and absolute cell
    references in the Help files.
    --
    HTH,

    RD