How to round values to the nearest 1000?

  1. #1
    AA Arens
    Guest

    How to round values to the nearest 1000?

    How to round values to the nearest 1000?

    Like: 12,549,235 > 12,549,000
    Like: 12,549,735 > 12,550,000

    According to Help I should use =ROUND(P9,3-LEN(INT(P9))) but the result
    is not what I want.

    Bart
    Excell 2003

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How to round values to the nearest 1000?

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =ROUND(A1/1000,0)*1000

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How to round values to the nearest 1000?

    Or:

    =ROUND(A1,-3)

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: How to round values to the nearest 1000?

    And one more if you have the analysis toolpak loaded:

    =MROUND(A1,1000)

    I'd use Biff's second answer, but =mround() may be interesting to review.

    You may also want to look at =floor() and =ceiling() (just to know that they
    exist).

  5. #5
    AA Arens
    Guest

    Re: How to round values to the nearest 1000?

    Thanks all for your help. I choosed option 2.

    Bart

  6. #6
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How to round values to the nearest 1000?

    >I'd use Biff's second answer

    I'm so used to the first method that I overlook the "intended syntax". I
    think the first method is more intuitive, though. (not taking into account
    MROUND)

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...