I WANT EVEN NUMBERS; NO DECIMALS - ROUND

  1. #1
    HERNAN
    Guest

    I WANT EVEN NUMBERS; NO DECIMALS - ROUND

    I just need to do this really simple task but Im getting crazy... I just want
    even numbers from a calculation cell.
    If the result is: 2.1 I want it show 2 if its 2.9 also 2
    if
    0.9 = 0
    1.0 = 1
    etc etc

    If you can help me; thank you sooo much!!

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: I WANT EVEN NUMBERS; NO DECIMALS - ROUND

    =floor(A1,1)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Wiley
    Guest

    RE: I WANT EVEN NUMBERS; NO DECIMALS - ROUND

    It sounds like the decimal value is coming from a calculation. Try this.
    =ROUNDDOWN((CALC),0) where "CALC" is the calculation formula for the cell.

    Ex: If A3 is the cell with the sum of A1 and A2, the A3 formula would be
    =ROUNDDOWN((A1 + A2), 0)

  4. #4

    Re: I WANT EVEN NUMBERS; NO DECIMALS - ROUND

    =int(a1)
    or
    =trunc(a1)

    There's a difference with how negative numbers are treated.