Enabling Events

  1. #1
    Robin Clay
    Guest

    Enabling Events

    Greetings !

    For some reason the "Workbook open" subroutines don't work - I guess this
    function may have been disabled on our "system" (they have disabled Key Alt
    F11, but not the "Macro > Edit" )

    Currently, I have to load the workbook, and then run the "Open" sub
    manually.

    Ditto with the "Activate" and "De-activate" subroutines....

    Is there any way that *I* can re-enable this auto-run facility ?
    If not, what do I ask our "systems" people to do ?

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Enabling Events

    Alt-F11 to get to VBE
    Ctrl-g for immediate window
    Type: Application.enableevents=true
    Alt+Q to get back to Excel

    Et voilą!

    Cheers,
    --
    AP

    de news: [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Enabling Events

    Hi Robin,

    Type in the Immediata Window:
    Application.Enableevents=True and press Enter

    Regards,
    Stefi

    ā€˛Robin Clayā€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

  4. #4
    Robin Clay
    Guest

    Re: Enabling Events

    "Ardus Petus" wrote:

    > Alt-F11 to get to VBE

    Thank you for responding, but Alas ! No !

    That doesn't work !

    I fear it may have been disabled - how can I get it re-enabled ?

  5. #5
    Robin Clay
    Guest

    RE: Enabling Events

    "Stefi" wrote:
    > Type in the Immediata Window:
    > Application.Enableevents=True and press Enter

    Yes - but I have to load the workbook first !

    It SHOULD run the "WorkbookOpen" routine automatically !

    Thank you for writing.

  6. #6
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Enabling Events

    Hi Robin,

    I'm afraid you have no other choice than launch Excel without opening any
    workbook, reset Enableevents as I told you and THEN open your workbook.
    "WorkbookOpen" routine IS an event itself and will not run if Enableevents is
    set to False!

    Regards,
    Stefi

    ā€˛Robin Clayā€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

  7. #7
    Robin Clay
    Guest

    RE: Enabling Events

    "Stefi" wrote:
    > I'm afraid you have no other choice than launch Excel without opening any
    > workbook, reset Enableevents as I told you and THEN open your workbook.

    I guess there must be a way, somehow, to set EnableEvents = True as the
    default ?

    Thanks for writing.

  8. #8
    Robin Clay
    Guest

    RE: Enabling Events

  9. #9
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Enabling Events

    The default is true until a VBA command sets it to False. It remains False
    until another VBA command sets it to True! Therefore once it is set to False,
    you MUST use Application.EnableEvents = True! You can issue this command
    anywhere you want (in a normal module, Immediate window) EXCEPT in an event
    Macro (because it will NOT run until EnableEvents is not set to True in an
    other way)!

    Regards,
    Stefi

    ā€˛Robin Clayā€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

  10. #10
    Robin Clay
    Guest

    RE: Enabling Events

    "Stefi" wrote:
    > The default is true

    Hmmm.... I wonder how "they" have managed to re-set it...

    Thanks for writing.