Changing Font Colour if cell is certain word?

  1. #1

    Question Changing Font Colour if cell is certain word?

    Can I make the font of a certain cell change it's font colour to Red if the word in the cell is, example, "Fail"? I want the change to apply from B2:F23.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    London
    Use "Conditional Formatting". It's on the Format menu.
    Martin Short

  3. #3

    Question

    I tried setting it as condition1's formula Is ="Fail" and then change the format to Font colour Red, but it did not change the word "Fail" to red. Is there anything else that I need to define?

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    London
    don't use "Formula is", keep it as "Cell Value is" and it should work fine.

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Changing Font Colour if cell is certain word?

    Either Formula is:

    =cellref="Fail"

    or

    Cell Value is: equal to Fail