row limitations on excel

  1. #1
    Pamela
    Guest

    row limitations on excel

    I need a worksheet to use more than 1000 independent lines. Is that
    possible? My tickets numbers are all different numbers. I can make the work
    sheet, but cannot use the auto filter to find certain numbers. Anyway around
    this?

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: row limitations on excel

    To simply FIND something, use Edit/Find.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Pamela
    Guest

    Re: row limitations on excel

    thanks, but i need to use the auto filter and it won't go past 1000
    independent rows, is there anyway to make it available for more than 1000
    rows?

  4. #4
    Pamela
    Guest

    RE: row limitations on excel

    Thanks, but that is not what i am after. I need a worksheet to be able to
    auto filter more than 1000 rows. If the column I am auto filtering is more
    than 1000 rows of independent numbers, after row 1003, will not show on the
    auto filter drop down list. Any ideas?

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: row limitations on excel

    Autofilter filter more then 1000 rows but only show 1000 unique items in the dropdown

    See
    http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  6. #6
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: row limitations on excel

    Just choose "Custom" from the drop down list, and set your criteria there.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

  7. #7