List of Dates- Assign Week Number??

  1. #1

    List of Dates- Assign Week Number??

    I have a list of random dates between 09/01/05 and 07/01/06. I would like to assign a week number to each date. For example, I would like it to be week 1 if the date is between the dates of 09/01/05 and 09/07/05. Is there any simple way of going about this? I think I have done something like this before but it has been a while.

  2. #2
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: List of Dates- Assign Week Number??

    If your dates are in column A, then maybe

    =INT((A1-MIN(A:A))/7)+1

    then copy down. Change A:A to restrict the range as needed. I assume 9/1/5
    will be the smallest date value in the range. You could use DATE(2005, 9, 1)
    instead of MIN.