Repeat actions not working

  1. #1
    Ken G.
    Guest

    Repeat actions not working

    I've been working on a particular spreadsheet and I've just noticed that
    double clicking the format painter will still only format one cell. It won't
    retain the format to be put into the next selected cell which it should when
    its double clicked. The same goes for copy and paste. Normally once you've
    copied something you can paste it into a number of cells individually, one
    after the other, but after the first paste selection, the paste option is no
    longer available.

    I can't see any settings under options to fix this. What has happened, and
    how do I fix it?

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Repeat actions not working

    Ken

    I would say it could be two things

    1) Both these options are very fragile and easily erased if *anything* goes
    on in the sheet between operations
    2) There is some event code (Selection_Change() or similar) running between
    operations

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England