Day of week concacted from three cells

  1. #1

    Day of week concacted from three cells

    I have three seperate cells "Year" "Month" "Day". I need to get the day of week out of it. Can I concantinate three values to get the day of week back.

    As a quick example how can I make this work

    A B C
    2006 January 1

    =weekday(A1&B1&c1)

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor

    date

    =CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(CONCATENATE(day,"/",month,"/",year)),"Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday")

    try this

    where day is put a cell value
    where month is put a cell value
    where year is put a cell value

    try this

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Day of week concacted from three cells

    Hi MABeatty,

    one way is create in a auxiar area a table as:
    Col M Col N
    January 1
    February 2
    March 3
    December 12

    and use a function like this: =weekday(date(a2,vlookup(b2,m1:m12,2),c2))

    Format as custom ddd - to Sun or dddd to return Sunday

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo