Labor day formula

  1. #1
    Richard
    Guest

    Labor day formula

    Does Labor day fall on the first Monday of September? If so how would you
    write that formula? Thanks in advance!!!

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Labor day formula

    If your assumption is true (which I don't know),
    Say A1 holds 1/9/2006
    =A1+MOD(7-WEEKDAY(A1,3),7)
    will return first monday of september

    AP

    news: [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: Labor day formula

    The following formula should do the trick. It verifies that the day of the
    week is a Monday, the month is September and the day of the month is less
    than 8. The example below assumes that the date being evaluated is in cell
    A1:

    =IF(AND(WEEKDAY(A1)=2,DAY(A1)<=8,MONTH(A1)=9),TRUE,FALSE)
    --
    Kevin Backmann

  4. #4
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Labor day formula

    To find when various federal holidays are observed, see this set of 'rules'.
    There are 10 fed holidays, 4 are on fixed dates, 6 are variable. When a
    federal holiday falls on Saturday, it is observed on the Friday before. When
    it falls on a Sunday, it's observed on the Monday following.

    http://aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/holidays.html