create and expand/collapse todo list under a task in excel

  1. #1
    flamingo1
    Guest

    create and expand/collapse todo list under a task in excel

    I would like to type in a task title (in excel) and then create a sublist of
    what needs to be done to complete the task. Ideally the sublist would be
    hidden until opened, similar to the expand/collapse folders in Outlook. Is
    there anything like that available?

  2. #2
    Sheila D
    Guest

    RE: create and expand/collapse todo list under a task in excel

    Provided you have information - maybe a task number - identifying each task
    you might be able use the Subtotals or Grouping/Outlining on the Data menu

    HTH - Sheila
    www.c-i-m-s.com
    MS Office training - London

  3. #3

    Re: create and expand/collapse todo list under a task in excel

    Select your range of rows
    Data|Group and outline|Group

    repeat as required.

    If you put the task in each line (say column A), you could use data|Subtotals to
    create these outlining symbols--and if you had hours (say) in a column, you
    could even sum that column.