Adding variable number of blanks

  1. #1
    Brockville, Ontario
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365

    Adding variable number of blanks

    I need to copy cell entries into another program that then puts a perspective resize on the text. In order for the perspective to work properly, the content has to be exactly 32 characters in length so I need something that will figure out the current number of characters in the cell (that part I can do) but then add the appropriate number of blank spaces.
    Thanks in advance.
    John

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Adding variable number of blanks

    Try:

    =REPT(" ",32-LEN(A1))& A1

  3. #3
    Brockville, Ontario
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365
    Much thanks - works like a charm!!! And so simple too.
    John

    Quote Originally Posted by Toppers
    Try:

    =REPT(" ",32-LEN(A1))& A1