Allowed and Denied users problem

  1. #1

    Allowed and Denied users problem

    Goodmorning everyone,
    I've got a problem:

    I have 7 rows to deny ALL users to select and change them.
    Then 9 rows to deny users to change them, but allow for SOME users to
    change them.
    After that 5 rows to deny ALL users to select and change them.
    It is like a puzzle...

    When I Protect locked and unlocked cells, and lock the first 7 rows and
    the last 5, user which I allow to edit changes can still change the
    rows.
    (Users which I deny can't edit changes at all, which is good)

    Who can help me???

    Greets Berry

  2. #2

    Re: Allowed and Denied users problem

    If you're using xl2002+, you can allow certain users access to certain ranges.

    Before xl2002, there was nothing built into excel that could do what you want.
    You'd have to build your own macros that verify, unprotect, allow the changes,
    and reprotect.

    Not a simple task.

  3. #3

    Re: Allowed and Denied users problem

    I'm using xl2003
    What I tried to do is more selections to alow users to edit range, but
    I only can pick one from the list. Is it possible to range multiple
    selections??

  4. #4

    Re: Allowed and Denied users problem

    I selected the first area and then used ctrl-click to select more areas and I
    could assign a single password to that multiple area selection.

    (If that's what you meant???)