Inserting Comments in protected worksheets

  1. #1
    jpreman
    Guest

    Inserting Comments in protected worksheets

    Thanks for reading this post.

    I am using Office 2003.

    I have a protected worksheet with many un-locked cells where data would be
    entered. At times I also want to insert comments in these cells (ie.in
    un-locked cells) describing the data entered in the cell. Though Excel 2003
    allows certain flexibility but not insert comments, is there a way this could
    be achieved?

    Preman

  2. #2

    Re: Inserting Comments in protected worksheets

    When you protect the sheet, allow the users to "edit objects" at the bottom of
    that list.

    But this allows other objects to be added/deleted/moved....

  3. #3
    jpreman
    Guest

    Re: Inserting Comments in protected worksheets

    Thank you Dave for your response.

    It works fine.

    I am sorry for the delayed feedback.

    Regards