[Qry] [OT] After open Excel 2K3 it closes immediately

  1. #1
    Jaisol
    Guest

    [Qry] [OT] After open Excel 2K3 it closes immediately

    Sorry for cross-posting and of-topic (maybe people in W2K/XP news could
    solve this problem).

    Excel was working without problems for many time but I have great surprise
    today because when I open Excel it closes immediately. No error or window is
    displayed, just closed.
    According to Norton, AVG, MS OneCare, Ewido, Ad-aware and Windows Defender
    the pc is clean.

    I'm working with W2K Professional (SP4 + all fixes) and Office 2K3
    Professional (SP2 + all fixes, it's a full installation not upgrade
    version).

    I did next attempts without success:
    1. Change "HKU\...\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Security\Level"
    registry key value from 2 to 4 (this registry key store value for macro
    security option).
    2. Run "Detect and Repair error in my Office installation" option from
    Office installation.
    3. Run "Reinstall Office" option from Office installation.
    4. Uninstall and install office (before to install I rename all office paths
    in hard drive, like C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office11)
    5. Uninstall office using Windows Install Clean Up (msicuu2.exe)

    I have not found some eraser tool (like eraser97 for Off97, eraser2k for
    Off2K, MSIZap for OffXP) to remove completely Off 2k3.

    What can I do to resolve it?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Malke
    Guest

    Re: [Qry] [OT] After open Excel 2K3 it closes immediately

    Jaisol wrote:

    > Sorry for cross-posting and of-topic (maybe people in W2K/XP news could
    > solve this problem).
    >
    > Excel was working without problems for many time but I have great surprise
    > today because when I open Excel it closes immediately. No error or window
    > is displayed, just closed.
    > According to Norton, AVG, MS OneCare, Ewido, Ad-aware and Windows Defender
    > the pc is clean.
    >
    > I'm working with W2K Professional (SP4 + all fixes) and Office 2K3
    > Professional (SP2 + all fixes, it's a full installation not upgrade
    > version).
    >
    > I did next attempts without success:
    > 1. Change "HKU\...\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Security\Level"
    > registry key value from 2 to 4 (this registry key store value for macro
    > security option).
    > 2. Run "Detect and Repair error in my Office installation" option from
    > Office installation.
    > 3. Run "Reinstall Office" option from Office installation.
    > 4. Uninstall and install office (before to install I rename all office
    > paths in hard drive, like C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
    > Shared\Office11) 5. Uninstall office using Windows Install Clean Up
    > (msicuu2.exe)
    >
    > I have not found some eraser tool (like eraser97 for Off97, eraser2k for
    > Off2K, MSIZap for OffXP) to remove completely Off 2k3.

    What changed between the time things worked and the time they didn't? Do you
    have Google Desktop installed? If yes, then uninstall it because I've seen
    it create those symptoms with Office programs.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

  3. #3
    Jaisol
    Guest

    Re: [Qry] [OT] After open Excel 2K3 it closes immediately

    "Nothing" new. Just Internet navigation using Internet Explorer and Outlook
    Express.
    Google Desktop is not installed.

    Something else...

    Thanks.