find more than one cell

  1. #1
    Stizzy
    Guest

    find more than one cell

    I am trying to use the "find" function in the Edit menu and it allows me to
    find only one item on the spreadsheet at a time. is there a way for me to
    find more than one cell by using this function? or should i just go manually
    and scroll down until i've found the cells i am looking for?
    Please help me

  2. #2
    Wiley
    Guest

    RE: find more than one cell

    If the values are all in one column, you can use the filter (Data
    ->FIlter->Autofilter). This will allow you to show only rows with the cjosen
    value in that column. Custom allows you more flexibility rather than just
    looking for an exact (complete) cell match.

    HPH

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: find more than one cell

    What version of Excel?

    2002 and 2003 show a list of all the cell addresses where your Find scores a
    hit.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP