with a drop down list in excel how do I select multiple values

  1. #1
    Keith H
    Guest

    with a drop down list in excel how do I select multiple values

    I have a validation on one of my columns for Users to select values from a
    list in a different worksheet. This works fine, but now the Users need to
    select multiple values in the one cell. How do you do that? A simple
    example.
    Pet Type
    Dog Retriever, Beagle

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: with a drop down list in excel how do I select multiple values

    I think what you need is a dependent DV list.

    Select Dog from DV list and a second DV list appears with the Type of dog

    See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP