Excel Macro for colouring cells

  1. #1
    Flash
    Guest

    Excel Macro for colouring cells

    Hi

    I would like to colour a sum cell - ie forecast less Actual

    if the Actual is greater than forecast > 105% I want the cell to be red

    if the Actual is less than forecast < 95% I want the cell to be green

    if the actual v forecast is close - between 95% and 105% then the cell
    should be white

    if someone can help we with this it would be great. Thanks

  2. #2
    SR
    Guest

    RE: Excel Macro for colouring cells

    not good at macro but you can do it by using option Format/conditional
    formatting. this one limits to max 3 conditions.
    --
    sr

  3. #3
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Excel Macro for colouring cells

    SR has pointed you in what is probably the best direction - use Conditional
    Formatting (under Format in the menu bar) you'll only need to set 2
    conditions, in either order,
    set one for Value is Less Than (or less than or equal to) 95% choose green
    color
    set second one for Value Greater Than (or GT or equal to) 105% choose red
    color
    this leaves you with all other conditions (between 95-105) with the cells
    displayed in normal color.
    In the area where you enter the parameter, be sure to enter .95 and 1.05

    But empty cells will be colored when no value has been calculated in them.