Re: Conditional Formatting - Getting pass the 3 condition limit

  1. #1
    Hadidas
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting - Getting pass the 3 condition limit

    I had a similar problem and I followed your advice for this, it worked
    wonderfully. I am having one problem though.
    My spreadsheet has a column that uses a Validation List, it is possible to
    choose from 6 choices. G, Y, R, N/A, No Criteria, and a blank cell. I used
    the VBA code you suggested to color G green, Y yellow, R red, N/A blue, No
    Criteria white, and the blank cell blank.

    The problem is that since the G, Y, R, etc are chosen from a list, the cell
    does not change color unless I actually enter the cell (F2), so if the cell
    is red, and I choose G (from the list), it stays red. Is there a way to
    refresh the screen in a way, so that the formatting works real time? I even
    tried making another cell equal that cell, but the same thing happens.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting - Getting pass the 3 condition limit

    I don't experience your problem

    Selecting a value from a DV drop-down triggers the sheet_change event.

    BTW........colorindex for blue is 5, not 10

    Gord

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting - Getting pass the 3 condition limit

    What Excel version?

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Hadidas
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting - Getting pass the 3 condition limit

    it's excel 2000

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting - Getting pass the 3 condition limit

    Could have explained it if was Excel 97, but not 2000. Sorry.