sorting multiple rows

  1. #1
    CCOD
    Guest

    sorting multiple rows

    I am trying to sort a spreadsheet for a golf scoring system. Each team has
    four players (each in their own row) that have their own handicaps. Then a
    team handicap is generated (in a separate column) from a formula using the
    individuals scores. I then want to sort by the teams by their team handicap
    but keep all four players rows with that team handicap. Is there a way to
    sort like this?
    --
    CC

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: sorting multiple rows

    Do you have a column showing the team name? If so, you can do this easily.
    Select your entire table and then, from the menu bar: Data > Sort... Select
    TeamName in the first drop-down and IndividualHandicap in the second
    drop-down (I've assume you have columns with those headers in the first row;
    adjust the lables based on your table's particulars).
    (If you don't have a column for the team name, you could try sorting on the
    team handicap in the first drop-down, but if you have two teams with the same
    handicap, their players will get intermingled).