SumIf function

  1. #1
    Richard
    Guest

    SumIf function

    Hi,

    I have a spreadsheet that has all the part numbers and their quantities in
    different warehouse location. For example part number A has 5 in Loc. 1 and
    10 in Loc. 2. The quantities are on seperate lines. I was told to use the
    SumIf function to automatically add the total quatity for Part A. The
    function is not working as I was told it would. It will only bring the
    quantity in the first row it encounters for that particular part number. Am I
    doing something wrong? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Hi

    Say Col A has part No. Col b has Loc 1, col C has Loc 2 then this formula should work

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A15="A")*(B2:B15)+(C2:C15))

    VBA Noob

  3. #3
    Richard
    Guest

    Re: SumIf function

    the information is on seperate rows not columns. Shouldn't SumIf work?

    Richard

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest