How does one disable Auto-Formatting of dates?

  1. #1
    Clarissimus
    Guest

    How does one disable Auto-Formatting of dates?

    Whenever I type something like 2-3 it automatically gets changed to a date
    (i.e. 3 Feb.) I've tried changed the cell properties to "general" but that
    only covert the date to the Excel day number (c. 38 000). When I delete it
    and start over the autoformat is on again.

    How do I stop this? I just want the computer to display two numbers with a
    dash in between. Is that too much to ask?

  2. #2

    Re: How does one disable Auto-Formatting of dates?

    Pre-format the cell as text or start your entry with an apostrophe: '2-3