Should be easy...Auto Date Fill

  1. #1

    Should be easy...Auto Date Fill

    Hey,

    This should be easy but I have been struggling with it for a while now.

    A1 = A Validation List with the options "Y" or "N".
    A2 = The date (dd/mm/yyyy) appears ONLY "Y" was imput in A1. When "N" selected in A1, "N/A" apprears in A2.

    Once A2 has been filled it needs to stay the same date and not change to the current date (Which what I have had to stick with for the time being ) I have battled with =NOW() and =TODAY() but all auto update each day which isnt what im after. The N/A is unimportant...all that really matters is the "Y" activating todays date and staying that days date.

    Mail me for screen shots or futher information if needed.

    Any help offered at all would be a great help!

    Thanks,

    Emma x

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Should be easy...Auto Date Fill

    Tools>Options>Calculation check Iteration
    enter in A2:
    =IF(A1="N",NA(),IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,TODAY()))

    AP

    le message de news: [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks for this but it only leaves me what I have already. I saved while it was showing 14/07/2006...waited til past 12 midnight and when I went back in it was displying 15/07/2006. I need to to stay on the same date I made the selection in A1.

    Any other ideas please?

    Thanks,

    Emma x

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardus Petus

  4. #4
    paul
    Guest

    Re: Should be easy...Auto Date Fill

    ctrl and : gives you todays date and stays that date
    otherwise a liitle macro that copies today() and then pastes as a value
    --
    paul
    [email protected]

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Should be easy...Auto Date Fill

    Emma

    For a static date or N/A.............

    Option Compare Text
    On Error GoTo enditall
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
    If Target.Value = "Y" Then
    Excel.Range("A2").Value = Now
    Else: Excel.Range("A2").Value = "N/A"
    enditall:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    End Sub

    This is sheet event code.

    Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

    Copy/paste into that module.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  6. #6

    Re: Should be easy...Auto Date Fill