How do I calculate profit as a % of Sales price

  1. #1
    bobnewmark
    Guest

    How do I calculate profit as a % of Sales price

    I have all my costs (item, freight, storage, handeling, overhead) I want to
    calculate profit as a % of the sales price. e.g. all my costs add up to $8.00
    and I wan to make a 10% profit, what is my sales price? What formula do I use
    to calculate this?

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: How do I calculate profit as a % of Sales price

    hi,

    =totalcost/0.9

    or 8/.9 = 8.88

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    GregR
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate profit as a % of Sales price

    or

    =8*1.10

  4. #4
    paul
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate profit as a % of Sales price

    this is where we have the discussion regarding MARGIN and MARKUP
    They are not the same.
    8/.9 is a 10%margin ( ten percent discount arrives back at the cost)
    8*1.1 is a 10% markup...not the same as above
    --
    paul
    [email protected]