Copy Alpha value into another cell.

  1. #1
    B G
    Guest

    Copy Alpha value into another cell.

    I have a spreadsheet that has the value of Y or N in a cell (B17 and B18). I
    have the same exact information repeated 3 times on the same spreadsheet for
    analyzing different options. When I try the simple =SUM(B17) into the next
    cell that I want to give the result of Y or N, it brings back a result of 0.
    I know it is something really simple that I am doing wrong, but I can't
    figure it out.
    It is late Friday, it is hotter than Hades and I want to finish this and
    start my weekend. Your help is always appreciated.

    B E G

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Copy Alpha value into another cell.

    To return value of B17 to C17 enter in C17 =B17

    OR do you want to count the Y' or N's in a range of cells.

    =COUNTIF(B12:B22,"Y") or "N"

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP