Trouble opening large size Excel file 155Mb in Excel 2007

  1. #1
    pl2c
    Guest

    Trouble opening large size Excel file 155Mb in Excel 2007

    I am experiencing errors when opening a large Excel model in the new beta
    version of Excel 2007

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Trouble opening large size Excel file 155Mb in Excel 2007

    If you have a legal copy of the Beta you should be aware of the sites that are meant to report problems.
    I can imagine the developers would be glad to receive somewhat more specific descriptions of your problem than "experiencing
    errors"

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

  3. #3
    pl2c
    Guest

    Re: Trouble opening large size Excel file 155Mb in Excel 2007

    Thanks Niek,

    The exact message is: "File Error: Data may have been lost" and this message
    appears 5 seconds into opening the file. Then Excel continues opening and the
    file appears eventually. I do not know which data is lost by the way. I also
    have seen other problems (all hyperlinks that are placed on buttons; used to
    navigate from one page to the other or from one section to another; all these
    links have become uneditable images that cannot be erased or moved).
    Evidently I do have a legal copy of the Beta but finding how to reach anyone
    at Microsoft is way too time consuming for me and of a complexity that only
    Kafka could have imagined.

    Best regards

    Paul Lafortune
    pl2c loyalty