Help!!!

  1. #1

    Help!!!

    This issue is similar to absolute/relative references, but it's related to the data being referenced, not the cells doing the referencing. If I have a cell that references A3 then I insert a row above row 3 (making the original A3 cell now A4), my reference automatically changes to A4. How can I force the reference to say A3 regardless of any rows added or removed above row 3?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Jimithing1980,

    This is exactly the same thing - absolute references usually use a dollar sign infront of the row and column address together. Try experimenting with putting the $ sign in front of just the row or just the column reference and I think you discover your answer.

    Cheers
    Jon

  3. #3
    SimonCC
    Guest

    RE: Help!!!

    In your formula, replace A3 with OFFSET(A1,2,0)

    -Simon