how to change existing xl data sheet to all uppercase text

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    how to change existing xl data sheet to all uppercase text

    I have a data sheet with a mix of upper and lower case text in various fonts.
    How do I change it to all upper case? Can change font & size ok. Thanks.
    Regards John

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO CHANGE EXISTING XL DATA SHEET TO ALL UPPERCASE TEXT

    John, you can use a macro like this, select the range you want to change and
    then run it

    Sub MAKE_CAPS()
    'select range and run this to change to all CAPS
    Dim cel As Range
    For Each cel In Intersect(Selection, _
    ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
    cel.Formula = UCase$(cel.Formula)
    Next

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO CHANGE EXISTING XL DATA SHEET TO ALL UPPERCASE TEXT

    John,
    You will have to use the "Upper" worksheet function in a blank column.
    If you have multiple columns of data, that is not always a useful fix.

    The free Excel add-in "Excel Extras" adds... Lower, Upper, Proper and Sentence
    case options to the format menu (select your data and click the menu item).
    The add-in also does other useful stuff.

    Download from (no registration required) ...
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "John"
    <[email protected]>

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO CHANGE EXISTING XL DATA SHEET TO ALL UPPERCASE TEXT

    John

    Example only..........

    Assume you have data in column A

    In B1 enter =UPPER(A1)

    Copy down column A

    When happy, copy Column B then, in place, Edit>Paste Special>Values>OK>Esc.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    John
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO CHANGE EXISTING XL DATA SHEET TO ALL UPPERCASE TEXT

    Thanks for your advice - works well! Regards John