#VALUE!

  1. #1
    Andy
    Guest

    #VALUE!

    I have a two part section of a spreadsheet

    Section one contains numbers (with some fields having text in them).
    Section two then calculates these numbers as a %age of the total.

    As would be expected when Excel tries to calculate the %age of a text, it
    returns the #VALUE! error message.

    Is there anyway to hide these #VALUE! returns automatically, so only the
    values of true %age cells are visible, or some If statement?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    DS
    Guest

    RE: #VALUE!

    Hi Andy,

    If you use something like:

    =IF(ISERR(A1/A2)=TRUE,"N/A",A1/A2)

    Where A1 & 2 contain the text / values. This will replace the #VALUE! with
    N/A - substitute that for whatever you like (if you put nothing in the
    quotes, it will appear blank).

    HTH
    DS

  3. #3
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: #VALUE!

    Andy wrote:
    > I have a two part section of a spreadsheet
    >
    > Section one contains numbers (with some fields having text in them).
    > Section two then calculates these numbers as a %age of the total.
    >
    > As would be expected when Excel tries to calculate the %age of a text, it
    > returns the #VALUE! error message.
    >
    > Is there anyway to hide these #VALUE! returns automatically, so only the
    > values of true %age cells are visible, or some If statement?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Andy,

    One way would be to use this:

    =IF(ISERROR(YourCalculation),"",YourCalculation)

    Regards,
    Bondi