Cell appearance

  1. #1

    Exclamation Cell appearance

    Hi, I really need to create a document for a peice of college work and I am stuck. I need to change the cell direction so that they appear diagonally. It is the actual cell that needs to change and not the text. Please look at the following for an example of what I am trying to achieve.
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

    I hope that this makes sense and that somebody can help. Thanx!

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    to replicate something similar to that image all you'll have to do is draw some lines and formatted the text vertically

    view->toolbars->drawing (make sure it's checked)
    click the line and go to town.

    if you want you can get rid of the grid lines on the page (tools->options->view) to make it look a bit more professional it might help you.

  3. #3
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Cell appearance

    wisey_1 wrote:
    > Hi, I really need to create a document for a peice of college work
    > and I am stuck. I need to change the cell direction so that they
    > appear diagonally. It is the actual cell that needs to change and
    > not the text. Please look at the following for an example of what I
    > am trying to achieve.
    > http://tinyurl.com/gtm3v
    >
    > I hope that this makes sense and that somebody can help. Thanx!

    I see the picture but I don't see any diagonal cells???

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Cell appearance

    You cannot change the orientation of the actual cell.

    You can change the orientation of the text within a cell, add borders and colors
    to give the appearance of slanted cells.

    The cell remains rectangular.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP