Hyperlink in cell with line breaks

  1. #1

    Hyperlink in cell with line breaks

    When you have a cell with few link breaks in it, is it possible to
    hyperlink only one line?

    For example, if a cell had these contents

    LINE ONE
    LINE TWO
    HYPERLINK THIS TEXT ONLY

    How do I hyperlink the last line only?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2019
    Posts
    7,064
    Not sure you can. In your example it would be better to format that cell into three columns and reserve the third column for the hyperlink
    Regards
    Special-K

    Ensure you describe your problem clearly, I have little time available to solve these problems and do not appreciate numerous changes to them.

  3. #3

    Re: Hyperlink in cell with line breaks

    Thanks for the reply... seems like this should be possible....

  4. #4

    Re: Hyperlink in cell with line breaks

    The cell gets the hyperlink--not the text in the cell.

    But you could cheat.

    You could put a rectangle over the last line (hide the borders) and then assign
    the hyperlink to that rectangle.

    You could even format that bottom line to make it look like a hyperlink.

  5. #5

    Re: Hyperlink in cell with line breaks

    The rectangle can be found on the Drawing toolbar.