Hiding a Zero Result

  1. #1
    Ed O'Brien
    Guest

    Hiding a Zero Result

    I am adding/subtracting cells C3 to J3 along a row with the result showing
    in K3. When nothing is entered K3 shows a zero which I want to hide so when
    I copy down the sheet to 52 weeks I don't have a column full of zeros.

    I have tried =IF(C3:J3=0," ",C3:J3) and =IF(C3:J3=" "," ",C3:J3) but neither
    work. In K3 I get nothing, not even when an entry is made along the row. In
    cells where formulae is picking up the answer in K3 I get either #VALUE or
    #####.

    Can anyone help with this, please?

    TIA

    Ed

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2019
    Posts
    7,064
    Use this formula in the K column

    =IF(SUM(C3:J3)=0,"",SUM(C3:J3))
    Regards
    Special-K

    Ensure you describe your problem clearly, I have little time available to solve these problems and do not appreciate numerous changes to them.

  3. #3
    Leo Heuser
    Guest

    Re: Hiding a Zero Result

    "Ed O'Brien" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    >I am adding/subtracting cells C3 to J3 along a row with the result showing
    >in K3. When nothing is entered K3 shows a zero which I want to hide so when
    >I copy down the sheet to 52 weeks I don't have a column full of zeros.
    >
    > I have tried =IF(C3:J3=0," ",C3:J3) and =IF(C3:J3=" "," ",C3:J3) but
    > neither work. In K3 I get nothing, not even when an entry is made along
    > the row. In cells where formulae is picking up the answer in K3 I get
    > either #VALUE or #####.
    >
    > Can anyone help with this, please?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ed

    Hi Ed

    One way:

    =IF(COUNT(C3:J3)=0,"",SUM(C3:J3))

    --
    Best regards
    Leo Heuser

    Followup to newsgroup only please.

  4. #4
    Ed O'Brien
    Guest

    Re: Hiding a Zero Result

    Great! Thanks, Leo. Works a treat. Never thought of COUNT!

    Best wishes,

    Ed

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Leo Heuser
    Guest

    Re: Hiding a Zero Result

    "Ed O'Brien" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    > Great! Thanks, Leo. Works a treat. Never thought of COUNT!
    >
    > Best wishes,
    >
    > Ed

    You're welcome, Ed, and thanks for the feedback :-)

    Leo

  6. #6
    Leo Heuser
    Guest

    Re: Hiding a Zero Result

    SUM(C3:J3) may be zero, if the range contains both
    positive and negative numbers.

    Leo Heuser

    "Special-K" <[email protected]> skrev i