solve:General Question

  1. #1
    Jared Jenner
    Guest

    solve:General Question

    Is there a possibility that you are able to create something like a serach
    engine in excel? Currently I have a book that is blank that I would like to
    create a search engine with, and I have 4 other books on the bottom all with
    different information by company. Is there a way that on my first book, if
    you were to type what it is that you are looking for in there, that it would
    be able to look through all the other books and see if it is there or not,
    and if it is, then bring it up, if not, it would say something that it is not
    available. I hope that makes sense for you!

    Thanks for your time!

    Jared Jenner

  2. #2
    Wiley
    Guest

    re: solve:General Question

    If by "book" you actaully are referring to sheets, you can higlight all the
    sheets by clicking on the tab (name) of the first sheet and while holdign the
    Shift key, click on the last tab. Then hit CTRL+F , which is the shortcut
    for Find.

    HTH