In EXCEL 2002 format cell with existing data.

  1. #1
    greg1090
    Guest

    In EXCEL 2002 format cell with existing data.

    I have data already in cells and I want to set the format to this data. When
    I set the format nothing happens unless I click on each cell and then the
    format becomes active.

  2. #2

    Re: In EXCEL 2002 format cell with existing data.

    This is normal behavior. Simply changing the format of the cell doesn't change
    the value of the cell.

    And since your numbers were actually text, changing the format from Text to
    Number still leaves those values as text.

    But you can select an empty cell
    edit|copy
    select your range to fix
    edit|Paste special|check Addition

    This will coerce the text numbers to number numbers.