Percentage Discount

  1. #1
    Ruth
    Guest

    Percentage Discount

    Dealer Cost column has a list of dealer prices. Sale Price is the reduced
    dealer cost. I need a column that shows the percentage of discount from
    Dealer Cost to Sale Price when the price is entered in Sale Price column.
    Sometimes I would like to enter the percentage of discount and calculate the
    Sale Price. Any ideas of a fairly simple way to do this so that the printout
    is understandable to clients? Thank you very much.

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Percentage Discount

    Discount = (DealerCost - SalePrice) / DealerCost

    SalePrice = DealerCost * (1 - %Discount)

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: Percentage Discount

    If your Dealer cost was in column A you could put this formula in column B
    for the Sale price: =100-(C2*A2)
    and this formula in column C for the % Discount: =1-(B2/A2)

    You could then copy those formulas down. If you enter a number in the %
    discoutn it should give you the Sale price. If you enter a number in the
    sale price it should give you the discount.

    (Of course once you type in a number it will overwrite the formula in that
    cell so you could do one or ther other not both. You'd also have to format
    the % column as %)

  4. #4
    Ruth
    Guest

    RE: Percentage Discount

    Fred and Tim, thank you for your replies. They were very helpful.