Excel macro's deleted when sending through Outlook

  1. #1
    Phreake
    Guest

    Excel macro's deleted when sending through Outlook

    Hi,
    We have a user who is sending excel spreadsheets, that have Macro's
    through Outlook 2003 (with Exchange Server). When people receive these
    spreadsheets, all the macro code seems to be deleted from the
    spreadsheet. There are no prompts to delete, or to say that the
    attachment could contain a virus. Can anyone help?

    Phreake

    PS the Macros are definatley deleted checked the spreadsheets on
    recipients PC

  2. #2

    Re: Excel macro's deleted when sending through Outlook

    Maybe it's the recipient's antivirus program being too aggressive.

    Have you tried zipping the file and sending that?

  3. #3
    Phreake
    Guest

    Re: Excel macro's deleted when sending through Outlook

    Hi,
    There seems to be a new problem aswell, the file is saved on the
    network drive and still has lost it's code. The antivirus does not
    scan for macro's either. We have sort of recreated this by saving it
    as excel 95 file, but the users should not need to do this, as the form
    does the saving for them, also everyone is on office 2003 or office XP.
    PLEASE HELP!!!!

    Phreake

  4. #4

    Re: Excel macro's deleted when sending through Outlook

    Is this a userform created in the VBE?

    If yes, then xl97 was the first version to support those Userforms. If you save
    it in xl95 format, the userform will be lost--but you should have gotten a
    warning message saying that stuff could be lost when you save it in that
    version.

    Are you positive that in you're saving it as a normal .xls workbook?

    Do the macros get destroyed when you save to a local disk? I'd talk to the IT
    folks to see why it's happening when you save to a network drive--maybe it's an
    aggressive antivirus program running on that server.